"Satterlee Leads the Way in Season-Ending Winchester 200 Romp"
"Roberson (Crates) and Lee (Limited Lates) Win on Busy Weekend"
By Doug Watson
Winchester, VA- Indiana Pa.'s Gregg Satterlee drove to his first Winchester win of 2015 during last Saturday night's 52nd annual running of the Winchester 200 which also served as the tracks final event of the season. Satterlee, aboard his Satterlee Petroleum Rocket no.22, became the 10th different winner of the season and would collect a $6500 pay day for his winning efforts.
Rick Eckert and Gregg Satterlee shared the front row for the start with Satterlee zipping into the race lead as the field raced off turn two. From that point forward, it would be a race for second, as Satterlee's car was on a rail and would pace all 40-circuits to post the win. Eventual runner-up Rick Eckert, Winchester's WoO winner this season, kept Satterlee in his sights but was no match on the slick Winchester surface and would take the checkered flag a straightaway behind the leader.
"This is a great way to end the season." Satterlee stated in his post race interview. "I knew if I could beat Rick into the first corner when the green came out we'd have a good shot to win and we were able to get that done." A well prepared race car was key in Satterlee's dominating performance. "Robbie Allen had this car set-up perfect tonight." Satterlee stated. "We haven't won as much this season as we would have liked but to come to a track that we seem to run pretty good at and come home with a win is pretty cool." Andy Anderson, Dan Stone and Keith Jackson would round out the top-five. Heats for the 31 car field went to Satterlee, Eckert and Stone with CS Fitzgerald winning the consolation.
Logan Roberson drove to his third win of the season in the 25-lap RUSH Crate Late Model feature. Roberson, who lined up third for the start, vaulted into the race lead on the first lap and would then have to fend off a late race surge from 12th starting and 2015 Winchester track champion Darin Henderson to preserve the win aboard his MasterSbilt no.17R. "We had a great track to race on here tonight." Said Roberson. "I saw Darin's number on the scoreboard and he started pretty far back, so I had to stay on the wheel, and we were able to hold him off." Reese Masiello, Jonathan DeHaven and Brian Booze completed the top-five. Heats for the 36 entries went to Masiello, Roberson, Mike Wharton and Michael Duritsky with twin consolations going to Billy Beachler and Garrett Paugh.
After winning the Virginia Nationals two weeks earlier Kyle Lee was back for more as he took top honors in the 25-lap Limited Late Model feature. Greg Roberson shot into the early race lead and would lead until the sixth circuit when Kyle Lee arrived to take the race lead on lap-seven. Lee would then lead the distance for his second career Winchester feature win steering his Rocket no.2T. "Greg was running a nice line, but I knew if I kept working the bottom, the track would come to us and we were able to get by him." Lee stated. "My uncle Dougie Timmons owns this car and to get back to back wins for this team is awesome." Roberson held tough for second with Scott Palmer, Danny Zechman and Tyler Emory completing the top-five. Heats for the 34-car field went to Emory, Zechman, Lee and Roberson with Jeremy Coffey winning the consolation.
In weekend support class action 2105 track champion Mike Franklin collected his 17th win of the season in the 15-lap Pure Stock feature, 2015 Enduro Stock champion Dylan Rutherford notched win number 8 in the divisions 15-lapper, Justin Hottle drove to his 7th of the season in the 15-lap Four-Cylinder main, Jason Wilkins scored his 8th win of the year in the 15-lap U-Car contest and Shawn Wetzel took his first-ever Winchester feature win in the 15-lap RUSH Crate Late Model non-qualifiers event.
Late Model feature finish
1. Gregg Saterlee 2.Rick Eckert 3. Andy Anderson 4. Dan Stone 5. Keith Jackson 6. Roy Deese Jr. 7. Kenny Pettyjohn 8. Gary Stuhler 9. Tyler Hershey 10. Kyle Hardy 11. Trever Feathers 12.Dale Hollidge 13. JT Spence 14. Larry Ramsey 15. Jason Miller 16. Amanda Whaley 17. Jamie Lathroum 18.Glenn Elliott 19. Brad Omps 20. Allan Brannon 21. Kerry King Jr. 22. Tom Decker Jr. 23. CS Fitzgerald 24. Ross Robinson DNQ- Bob Gordon, Walter Crouch, Frankie Helmick, Tommy Armel, Mike Steck, JR Overstreet, Nick Dickson
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Logan Roberson 2. Darin Henderson 3. Reese Masiello 4. Jonathan DeHaven 5. Brian Booze 6. Steve Lowery 7. Billy Beachler 8. Kris Eaton 9. Tyler Hoy 10. Mike Wharton 11. Jim O'Hara 12. Brad Ritter 13. Richard Hawkins 14. Tanner Kerr 15. Garrett Paugh 16. Mike Franklin 17. Braeden Dellinger 18. Michael Duritsky 19. Troy Shields 20. Dave Friedrich 21.Matt Tarbox 22. Timmy Booth 23.Jared Powell 24. Michael Lake DNQ- Shawn Wetzel, Rob Nichols, Boo Lawhorn,Robby Marhefka, John Imler, Scott Sweeney, Dylan Lewis,Vince Masi, Tony Knicley, Walter Nichols, Tom Pizzuro, John Over
Limited Late Model feature finish
1.Kyle Lee 2. Greg Roberson 3. Scott Palmer 4. Danny Zechman 5. Tyler Emory 6. Robbie Emory 7. Travis Campbell 8. Bubby Dillman 9. Bruce Kane 10.Justin Williams 11. Travis Stickley 12. Brad Ritter 13. Kevin Palmer 14. Brian Wright 15. Logan Roberson 16. Jeremy Coffey 17. Kris Eaton 18. Daniel Snead 19. Kerry King Sr. 20. Troy Swindell 21. Boo Lawhorn 22. Dave Friedrich 23. Dakota Riggleman 24.Kurt Zimmerman DNQ- Jeff Koller, Justin Weaver, Jonathan DeHaven, Jimmy Richards, Dallas Richards, Mitch Miller, Stew Wells, Billy Beachler, Emory 1E, 02
Pure Stock feature finish
1. Mike Franklin 2.Sean Dawson 3. Craig Parill 4. Troy Kassiris 5. Scotty Nelson 6. Keith koontz 7.Brandon Churchey 8.Jerry Jenkins Jr. 9. Ricky Edmonds 10.Jeremy Tinsman 11.Tony Catlett 12. Josh Williams 13. Jonny Oliver 14. Mike Bennett
Enduro Stock feature finish
1.Dylan Rutherford 2. Tyler Gray 3.Tommy Carvello 4. Ralph Hansberger 5. Dalton Dillman 6.Allen Jones 7. Joe Rogers 8. Paul Jones 9. William Crook 10. "Krazy" Kenny Thomas 11. Jamie Mills 12. Johnny Hardesty 13. Nabil Guffey 14. Bryan Neff (DQ)
Four-Cylinder feature finish
1. Justin Hottle 2. Ed Gageby 3.Austin Stover 4.Ethan Ours 5. Roger Whitlock 6. Tommy Whitt 7. Michael Warrenfeltz 8. Willy Dodson 9. Steve Smith 10. Michael Pfaff 11. Randy Linaburg 12. Jacob Whitt 13. Melvin Ours
U-Car feature finish
1.Jason Wilkins 2. Greg Carrico 3.Kevin Oates 4. Haley Kaiser 5.Alan Dice 6. Ricky Feltner 7. Dwayne Pierson 8.Randy Wilkins 9. TJ Collins 10. Erica Bailey 11. Terry Leach 12. Robert Plaugher Sr. 13. Jeff Wilkins
RUSH Crate Late Model (Non-qualifiers feature)
1. Shawn Wetzel 2. Boo Lawhorn 3.Rob Nichols 4. Scott Sweeney 5. Vince Masi 6. Dylan Lewis 7. Walter Nichols 8. Tony Knicley 9. Robby Marhefka 10. John Imler 11. John Over 12. Tom Pizzuro