"Satterlee Rim-Rides to Winchester First in Ninninger Memorial"
"Henderson Snares Career-First in RUSH Crates"
By Doug Watson
Winchester, VA- Rochester Mills Pa.'s Gregg Satterlee wired the field to score his first feature win of the season in last Saturday nights 35-lap Red Ninninger Memorial at Winchester Speedway. The win for Satterlee, worth $3000, made him the eighth-different Late Model winner at the track this season.
Greg Roberson and Satterlee shared the front-row for the start of the event with Satterlee darting into the race lead as the field raced off turn-two. Satterlee, who would go on to lead all 35-circuits, thrilled the Winchester faithful as he masterfully handled the heavy Winchester cushion to score the popular win aboard his Rocket no.22. As Satterlee lead Greg Roberson made a valiant late-race rush, but would have to settle for his fourth runner-up finish at Winchester this season. "I have to thank my dad, Robbie Allen and all the guys who work on this car, they gave me a great race car tonight." Satterlee stated during his post race interview. "Greg (Roberson) showed me his nose a few times on those re-starts so I knew I had to get up on the wheel because he's been pretty good down here this season, but we were able to hold him off." Tricky fall-like track conditions played into Satterlee's favor. "This place seems to be different every time we come here." Said Satterlee. "I like it when there's a big cushion like it was tonight, I could almost run the car wide-open and it makes it a lot of fun." Jason Covert took third, Allan Brannon was fourth with Trever Feathers completing the top-five. Heats for the 25 cars on hand went to Satterlee, Roberson and Covert.
Darin Henderson became the sixth-different winner in seven events with his first-career Winchester speedway feature win in the caution-free 20-lap RUSH Crate Late Model event. Henderson started on the pole and would lead every lap to take the convincing win over eventual runner-up Ben Bowie. "This is the biggest win of my career." A jubilant Henderson stated in victory lane. "We've had a fast car here, but just haven't had any luck winning and to finally get one here is awesome." Logan Roberson came home third. Transton Stoner was fourth with Ralph Morgan Jr. rounding out the top-five. Heats for the 17 cars entered went Ralph Morgan Jr. and Austin Stover.
Mike Bennett scored his second win of the season in the 15-lap Pure Stock feature. Scotty Nelson lead the first nine-laps before Bennett wrestled the top-spot from Nelson on lap-ten and drove away to the win. Nelson hung tough for second with Keith Koontz taking third, Mike Franklin fourth and Craig Parrill filling the front-five.
Sophomore sensation Justin Hottle romped to his division-leading fifth feature win of 2014 in the 15-lap Four-Cylinder main. Hottle, who lined-up sixth for the start, took the lead from Lester Riley on the eighth-lap and would lead to the checkers to post the win. Cody Kershner rallied late to take second, Riley held on for third, Ed Gageby was fourth with Roger Whitlock completing the top-five.
Michael Pfaff collected win number four of 2014 in the 15-lap U-Car feature. Pfaff overtook Jeff Wilkins on lap-six and then ran-off from the remainder of the field to score the win. Wilkins held on for second, Steve Fadeley was third, Jason Wilkins took fourth with Kevin Oates rounding out the top-five.
Late Model feature finish
1. Gregg Saterlee 2. Greg Roberson 3. Jason Covert 4. Allan Brannon 5. Trever Feathers 6. Kyle Hardy 7. Keith Jackson 8. JT Spence 9. Brian Tavenner 10. Jamie Lathroum 11. Kenny Moreland 12. Scott Palmer 13. Jonathan DeHaven 14. Tony Crim 15. Tyler Castle 16. Chris Fletcher 17. Dale Hollidge 18. Matt Sponaugle 19. Gary Stuhler 20. Dallas Richards 21. Jimmy Richards 22. Bubby Tharp Jr. 23. Brad Omps 24. Tommy Armel 25. Dennis Lamb
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Darin Henderson 2. Ben Bowie 3. Logan Roberson 4. Transton Stoner 5. Ralph Morgan Jr. 6. Tyler Bare 7. John Imler 8. Timmy Booth 9. Reese Masiello 10. Craig Guido 11. Austin Stover 12. Scott Sweeney 13. Dave Friedrich 14. Jennae Piper 15. Brian Lederhouse 16. Harry Shipe Jr. 17. Rob Nichols
Pure Stock feature finish
1. Mike Bennett 2. Scotty Nelson 3. Keith Koontz 4. Mike Franklin 5. Craig Parrill 6. Sean Dawson 7. Josh Williams 8. Kyle Nelson 9. Andy Adkins 10. Josh Wilkins
Four-Cylinder feature finish
1. Justin Hottle 2. Cody Kershner 3. Lester Riley 4. Ed Gageby 5. Roger Whitlock 6. Allen Whitt Jr. 7. Jesse Boyce 8. Rich Newcomer 9. Ethan Ours 10. William Riley 11. Randy Linaburg
U-Car feature finish
1. Michael Pfaff 2. Jeff Wilkins 3. Steve Fadeley 4. Jason Wilkins 5. Kevin Oates 6. Gene Wilson 7. Charlie Good 8. Terry Leach 9. Jacob Whitt 10. DJ Fadeley 11. Randy Wilkins 12. Austin Nichols 13. Travis Clark
EMMR Vintage Cars
1. Mickey Duncan 2. Bobby Lowery 3. Dale Payton 4. Frank Tankersly 5. Dick Volinte